- Closing date 31 Oct 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
A Software Engineer is sought to work on critical in-house enterprise business systems that support the licensing used in AVEVA's products. The Cambridge Licensing Team is currently working on exciting projects, developing new systems in both Azure and AWS. We also work closely with product teams across AVEVA, helping them to protect their products against cracking and so protect AVEVA’s revenue.
The ideal candidate will have experience of developing high-quality software designed to run 24/7. Working as part of scrum team following Scaled Agile practices, they will need to gain a thorough understanding of complex systems, take ownership of specific areas and contribute new ideas. They will write bug free code, complete with automated test cases in a variety of languages including C# and node.js.
Reporting to the Licensing Development Manager, the candidate will work within a team of software engineers based in Cambridge and Hyderabad.
The Software Engineer is responsible, in conjunction with colleagues, for the creation and maintenance of licensing components integrated into AVEVA’s products and in-house Licensing Systems that support the licensing function.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Delivering code to meet User Story acceptance criteria that is covered by automated unit tests
· Active participation in Scrum sprint planning, backlog maintenance, stand-up meetings, sprint reviews
· Collaborating with fellow members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders to ensure the overall team success in delivering software delivery on time, feature complete and to agreed quality standards
· Raising technical issues at the daily stand-up to team members, Scrum Master and Product Owner
· Carrying out peer code reviews of colleagues’ code
· Gaining a thorough understanding of all the systems maintained by the Licensing Team so as to provide support to customers and other development teams adopting licensing solutions
· Contribute new ideas for improvements to AVEVA’s licensing systems and to the Licensing Team’s development processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Essential Technical Experience:
· Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or numerate subject
· A minimum of three years’ development experience
· Demonstrable track record in developing software to specification, on time, and to acceptable quality standards
· Excellent spoken and written English
Desired Technical Experience:
· Candidates should have experience in some of the following specific technologies:
· Cloud - Azure and/or AWS
· Relational Database Systems and SQL
· Website development using Angular and Angular Material
· Secure authentication methods e.g. OpenId Connect
· REST APIs
· Build and DevOps pipelines
· Automated unit testing
· Software licensing practices
· Third party licensing solutions: Flexera, Thales (aka Gemalto, Sentinel), Wibu
· Atlassian toolset (Jira, Bamboo)
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such