PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CAMBRIDGE SCIENCE PARK WEBSITE
Trinity College (CSP) Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) places the highest value on protecting the personal data of the users (“User”, “you” or "your") of our Cambridge Science Park Website (“Website”). This Privacy Notice ("Notice") explains how we collect, use, disclose, safeguard and retain your personal data when you access and use the Website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using the Website you are accepting the practices described in this Notice. If you do not agree with the terms and content of this Notice, you must stop using the Website immediately.
OUR ROLE AS DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTACTING US
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (and, for as long as it remains in force in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and any successor legislation applicable in the UK from time to time, (the “Data Protection Legislation”), we are the controller of your personal data. Therefore, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data and we define the purposes and means for the processing. Our identification and contact information are as follows:
Trinity College (CSP) Limited, Cambridge Science Park, The Bradfield Centre, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0GA
Contact: Jeanette Walker (Director) at [email protected]
Use the above contact information to reach us if you have any questions or requests related to your personal data or the processing of it.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
· Identity Data includes [first name, last name, or similar identifier].
· Contact Data includes [postal address, email address, job title, and telephone number].
· Technical Data includes [internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, and operating system and platform
· Profile Data includes [your username and password, feedback and survey responses].
· Marketing and Communications Data includes [where you heard about an event posted on our Website, your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
OUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTING METHODS
We may collect your personal data in connection with your use of the Website in a variety of ways.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
· Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you
o create an account on our Website;
o request marketing to be sent to you;
o give us feedback or contact us.
· Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we will automatically collect technical data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR DOING SO
We process your personal data for the following purposes and, for each purpose, such processing is justified by the corresponding legal basis:
To improve the Website, we will use your technical data
The processing is necessary for the performance of our legitimate interests in developing the Website
To provide you with certain marketing which may be of interest to you we will use your identity data and contact data
The processing is necessary for the performance of our legitimate interests in providing you with information which may be of interest to you
DISCLOSURES AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients for the following purposes and on the following legal bases:
1. to certain of our employees for the purposes of providing the Website;
2. to selected third parties (e.g. subcontractors) who will process your personal data on our behalf in our performance of our contract with you; and
3. to our professional service providers, such as accountants, auditors, legal advisers and insurance brokers; and
We may also disclose your personal data to any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; and/or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the United Kingdom
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for
Notwithstanding the above, the retention of your personal data may always be extended due to our existing or imminent need to establish or exercise legal or administrative claims or defend us against legal or administrative claims related to your personal data, its processing and/or the Website, to process and resolve complaints, for use in criminal proceedings, or for any other reason permitted under applicable laws.
We apply appropriate administrative, technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data that is under our control from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area. We also take steps to ensure that any service provider that we engage to process personal data on our behalf takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard such personal data.
To improve your experience on our Website, we may use small text files known as cookies ‘cookies’, which your browser stores locally on your computer.
You might be particularly interested to know which third party services and cookies we use. Please be noted that our site uses Google Analytics, which helps us to understand our Website traffic and usage of the Website.
While we do not have the direct capability to identify individual users using our Website, or associate your IP address to you personally, it is possible that other parties, like Google and your Internet Service Provider has access to other data sources which can be used to identify you personally. Google Analytics is registered in the United States and statistics about our Website usage data is sent to Google servers in the United States.
Under the Data Protection Legislation:
1. you have the right to access personal data that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. You can submit a data access request at any time. In order to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided above;
2. if you become aware of any inaccuracies in your personal data which we process about you, you have a right to ask us to rectify the inaccuracies;
3. to the extent that (a) we no longer need to use your personal data (e.g. you no longer wish to use the Website) for purposes described in our Notice,or (b) we rely on your consent and you have withdrawn it, or (c) you object to our legitimate interests for using your personal data and no exception applies to permit us to keep using it, or (d) it is established that we did not have the lawful right to process your personal data, or (e) the law requires us to erase your personal data, you may ask us to erase your personal data. If we erase your personal data, your ability to use the Website will be affected, as described above;
4. you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data to the extent that (a) we use the personal data on grounds of our legitimate interests and no exception applies to permit us to keep using it, or (b) we use it for direct marketing purposes, or (c) we use it for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes and no exception applies to permit us to keep using it;
5. you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data to the extent that (a) you have questioned the accuracy of the personal data and we are still checking its accuracy, (b) it is established that we did not have the lawful right to process the personal data, (c) we no longer need to use your personal data for the purposes we collected or used it for but you need it to be preserved for the purposes of legal claims, or (d) you have exercised your right to object to our use of your personal data and no exception applies to permit us to keep using it;
6. if we rely on your consent for processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time;
7. you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner (http://www.ico.gov.uk/) if you have any concerns in respect of our handling of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details provided above.
VALIDITY OF AND UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
This Notice is valid until further notice beginning from the Effective Date.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Notice at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Effective Date" of this Notice and by notifying you via the Website or otherwise in the event of such an update. You should therefore periodically review this Notice to stay informed of updates.
You will be deemed to have been made aware of, will be subject to, and will be deemed to have accepted the changes in any revised Notice by your continued use of the Website after the then current Effective Date.
Effective date: 23 March 2021