- Closing date 20 Jun 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular reprogramming (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Senior Scientist to push the boundaries of Immunology. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
• Provide high-level scientific expertise for new and ongoing Immunology projects, contributing to all phases from experimental design through to execution and reporting.
• Perform experiments to develop, evaluate, and improve cell engineering technologies, using viral and nonviral delivery systems.
• Serve as subject matter expert in selection and development of robust test methods to evaluate iPS differentiation and in one or more of the following techniques:
o flow cytometry
o cellular imaging
• Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple experiments, identifying problems and resolving technical issues.
• Work with high level of independence, and actively collaborate with cross-functional teams and scientists (both internally and externally).
• Act as a mentor to more junior staff within the Company.
• Ph.D graduate in a relevant discipline (Immunology, Cell Biology), with a minimum of 5-year post-doctoral experience in academia or private sector;
• Proficient in aseptic cell culture technique, maintenance, and genetic manipulation of primary cells such as HSCs, immune cells, and/or iPSCs.
• Proficient in transcriptomics sequence analysis and supporting software.
• Prior experience in the field of cellular therapies is preferred.
• Ability to perform multi-parameter flow cytometric analyses is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to promote and encourage collaborative working with other scientists (internally and externally).
• Able to demonstrate initiative, self-motivated, with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude;
• Excellent critical thinking skills, with a solution-based problem-solving approach, and an aptitude for identifying novel ways to improve processes.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment, successfully managing complex problems and shifting priorities.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
• Contributory pension (8%)
• Health and dental insurance
• Share options scheme
• Income protection
• Life assurance
• 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]