- Closing date 31 Dec 2020
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular conversion (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Senior Scientist to push the boundaries of cell reprogramming. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success, patient impact.
- • Conduct high-level scientific research aimed at the development of novel therapeutic and non-therapeutic projects using both of Mogrify’s proprietary platform technologies;
- • Work as a pivotal part of the research and development team, conducting complex scientific wet lab research independently, as well as part of a wider project group;
- • Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple cell conversion experiments, identifying problems and resolving technical issues;
- • Provide high-level scientific expertise for new and ongoing research projects, contributing to all phases of a project, from experimental design through to execution and reporting;
- • Scope, plan and progress new project ideas, helping with the exploration of several proof of concept projects including in cell therapies, in vivo reprogramming and research tools;
- • Collaboratively work with scientific and commercial teams to evaluate the feasibility and desirability of the ongoing and new and projects;
- • Support new business initiatives, working alongside the business development and executive leadership team to achieve key program objectives;
- • Act as a mentor to junior staff within the company.
Senior Scientist profile:
• Molecular and cell biology PhD with 3–5 years of follow-on experience. For example, this can include postdoctoral or equivalent experience in an industry setting;
• Experience in handling and characterization of induced pluripotent stem cells, and experience in in vitro cell differentiation and reprogramming;
• Independent thinking and willingness to propose new project ideas;
• Strong knowledge in advanced molecular and cell biology technologies is essential, including single-cell sequencing, multi-color flow cytometry and state-of-the-art DNA/RNA delivery to cells;
• Proven ability to manage complex projects with defined timelines;
• Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude;
• Experience in in vivo approaches for gene delivery to the eye would be advantageous;
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- • Competitive Pension
- • Health and Dental Insurance
- • Share Scheme
- • Income Protection
- • 25 Days Holiday
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]