- Closing date 31 Oct 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Are you energized by working with software development teams to optimize the delivery of value to customers? Are you passionate about continuous improvement? AVEVA has an excellent opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Senior Release Train Manager (RTM).
In this role you will work with R&D Leadership, Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other AVEVA stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution align. You will coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets. You will participate in a global network of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) Lean-Agile coaches across AVEVA R&D.
As a Release Train Manager (RTM), which is what we call an agile software development project manager at AVEVA, you will be responsible for delivering releases in accordance with plans and objectives, and in compliance with lean procedures.
Team relationship Management is key in this role, so you will be someone who is seen as being supportive by the team for them to comply with processes and meet their objectives/commitments. You also need to be someone who is able to tailor and adapt processes and tasks to the context and culture of the team, bridging between steer from management and the team culture/ability.
Your responsibilities will also include:
· Ensuring short-cycle customer value delivery, you will identify and resolve impediments, manage escalations, risks, and their mitigations.
· Drive continuous improvement and participate in our ongoing SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) Lean-Agile transformation, including adapting and refining methods to meet the ever-changing needs of our innovative organization.
· Help motivate and steer high performing software product teams to achieve their KPI targets with your skills for focusing and aligning a large development program.
· Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train ("ART” or agile software product development team) using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators
· Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Feature Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
· Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
· Lead release activities (including Product Quality Assurance audits and Stakeholder Approvals).
· Improve the flow of value streams by assessing and improving the DevOps and Release on Demand capabilities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· You have a earned a university degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a at least a Science & Technology discipline
· Several years of related professional experience in software/systems development, preferably in the engineering and industrial automation domains
· Project Management experience is highly recommended
· You understand the project management role and have experience defining scope, schedule and resources
· You have demonstrated the ability to analyze project risk
· You have experience in project planning, coordination, communication, reporting, and archiving
· You have led the Software release management process
· You have excellent Client and team relationship management
· A SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification is considered as an asset
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such