- Closing date 30 Jun 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Scientist to push the boundaries of Immunology. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Establish and perform a broad range of T-cell assays, including T-cell profiling, flow cytometry analysis and FACS, CTL cloning and recombinant T-cell receptor expression/characterization.
- Isolation and culture of immune cells from blood, and conducting immunological assays including ELISA, flow cytometry and quantitative PCR, ensuring consistent and reproducible results.
- Produce relevant molecular biology reagents, including viral vectors for expression of proteins and T-cell receptors in a variety of cell types.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with other scientists internally and externally bringing a range of disciplines to the project to fully understand the generation of immune cells.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple cell conversion experiments, identifying problems and resolving technical issues.
- Provide technical training in specific techniques and technologies to the rest of the team.
- Seek new ways of working or improving current processes to increase capacity and/or enhance quality.
- PhD graduate in Immunology with over two years of experience in the field, or BSc/MSc with over 4 years of follow-on experience.
- Experience in human T cell biology with a broad knowledge of immune cells is essential.
- Experience in isolating, handling primary human cells and performing immunological and flow cytometry assays is essential.
- Experience in genetic manipulation of immune cells (e.g. transfection and transduction) and other related techniques would be advantageous.
- Experience in single cell sequencing methodologies would be advantageous.
- Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 Days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected].