- Closing date 30 Sep 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Head of Immunology. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Build, lead and manage an immunology-based cell therapy research portfolio unit with leadership reaching through to early clinical evaluation
- Provide scientific leadership for new and ongoing projects and programs in immunology
- Shape the strategic direction as related to the immunology research programs in line with company objectives
- Identify, establish and interface with external collaborators and partnerships that add to and further enable the existing portfolio
- Integrate novel technologies to enable and accelerate the path to the clinic, by also considering process development and manufacturing requirements
- Support business development efforts
- Responsible for building a high-performing team
- Help us build the foundation for a successful biotech start-up company that aims to transform cell therapy
- You will bring an outstanding international reputation in immunology with a PhD in the relevant field and 15+ year of experience, including industry cell therapy experience, ideally in a senior immunology position
- In-depth understanding of fundamentals of auto-immune disease, immunology, immune-oncology and tumor biology
- Understanding of how to discover, design and manufacture cell therapy products
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art and the latest developments in cell therapy
- Effective leadership skills, including team leadership, interactions with external collaborators as well as internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues internally at all levels across different departments as well as externally
- Strategic vision, from research to the clinic
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build a team, including attracting, motivation and developing talent
- Commitment to delivering and to achieve audacious goals, the courage to prioritize and take risk
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 Days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]