- Closing date 31 Oct 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Our Cloud DevOps Engineers are integral members of the AVEVA global Cloud DevOps team, responsible for the secure and efficient operation of AVEVA Cloud services.
Working closely with Developers, Delivery and Support colleagues, the role of our DevOps Engineers is to continually improve and develop AVEVA’s automated CI/CD pipeline processes and SIEM monitoring ecosystems, to provide proactive monitoring and incident support responses, liaising with the Global Customer Support team as required.
Additionally, you will work with Development colleagues to ensure AVEVA operates a streamlined and effective cloud release programme, with robust planning in place, including agreed scheduling, communications, assessments and release documentation.
You will be part of a global team operating a 24/7 follow-the-sun model across three global locations, therefore some shift work, including weekends and public holidays, will be required as part of this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
The following list applies primarily to Azure, however relevant skills and experience with AWS are also highly desirable;
• Certification in Azure (and/or AWS)
• Hands-on in Azure administration, Azure APIs and tools
• Previous experience in monitoring, deployments and test automation of SaaS offerings on Azure platform
• Experience or knowledge of software development and deployment methodologies and principles and an understanding of the core tenets and practices of DevOps, CI/CD
• Experience and a demonstrable good understanding of scripting skills e.g. in Python, Perl or .Net
• Experience with Software Lifecycle management tools. E.g. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)/Visual Studio Team Services, Source Control and Build templates
• Experience working in Agile software development such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Must be a flexible self-starter, with the ability and experience to take on new requirements quickly and adapt to a growing and evolving team
• Excellent communication skills and self-motivated problem solver
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, able to convey information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
• Hands-on experience working within an Information Security accredited framework e.g. ISO27001, 27017/18
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such