- Closing date 5 Feb 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Based: Field-based (UK or Continental Europe)
Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) provides world class genetic research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions. We are a rapidly growing company with state-of-the-art facilities and over 100 employees based at our head-office in Oxford, and our Cytocell® site in Cambridge. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, we have a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
An opportunity has arisen in our Sales team for a Business Development Manager (NGS) covering the EMEA region. Reporting to our EU & ROW Sales Manager, you will play an integral role in driving sales of our innovative range of Array and NGS products and building strong relationships with key accounts. You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the ambitious sales targets that are driving our commercial development.
This role is suited to someone who is keen to be field-based and travel for a minimum of 50% of their working time.
Your duties will include:
- Development and execution of regional and account-specific sales plans to maximise profits and sales margins, whilst meeting sales quotas
- Effectively prospecting and generating new customers leads
- Mapping opportunities with Key Opinion Leaders within the territory
- Providing support to the sales team to progress opportunities within their territories
- Delivering technical scientific seminars and presentations on OGT products and services
- Providing regular accurate revenue forecasts
- Managing new and existing customer base
- Understanding local competitive landscape and providing relevant feedback to OGT
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to address the needs of the customer
- Utilising and maintenance of the CRM
- Hold a BSc degree or equivalent as a minimum, up to PhD in Biological Sciences
- Have demonstrable experience in NGS, strategic-selling and engagement with Key Opinion Leaders and senior stakeholders
- Have hands-on experience in lead generation and prospecting involving complex sales and purchasing processes
- Use your scientific knowledge to engage with customers
- Have a solid track record of closing sales and establishing long-term customer relationships
- Be highly adaptable and independent
- Have a strong understanding of national testing / WHO and disease guidelines
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally with persuasive presentation skills
Additional language skills, experience of Array, Cytogenetics and Sales within a clinical oncology environment would be advantageous for this role.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme (based on sales revenue and personal objectives)
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 05 February 2021.
No agencies please