- Closing date 14 Mar 2021
- Type Part-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has an opportunity for an administrative Assistant to join our Strategic Partnerships team, on a permanent part time basis at our Cambridge Science Park office (free onsite parking and close to the guided bus and Cambridge North train station).
Whether studying the chemistry of life, or developing the advanced science behind modern technology, chemical scientists use their expertise to improve our health, our environment and our daily lives. The Royal Society of Chemistry is an international not-for-profit organisation connecting chemical scientists with each other, with other scientists, and with society as a whole.
The strategic partnerships team creates, facilitates and fosters partnerships and funding opportunities between the RSC and like-minded organisations and individuals. They build these partnerships in order to further the charitable objectives of the RSC and to contribute to advancing excellence in the chemical sciences – now and in the future.
As Strategic Partnership Assistant you will support the team to manage external relationships with partners and customers, and deliver excellent customer service, as well as providing administrative assistance.
Your responsibilities will focus on:
- Serving as first point of contact for the Strategic Partnerships team both internally and externally by managing the teams shared email inbox, phone line & intranet presence
- Raising purchase orders, overseas payments, and processing invoices and expenses relating to existing programmes to ensure administration and financial accounting activities for external partnerships are in order. Managing associated supplier and customer relationships
- Supporting the team with prospect research and in the preparation of proposals, and pitches to potential funders
- Booking meetings with both internal departments and external contacts, with responsibility for logistics, coordinating meeting agendas and associated papers, plus recording and circulating minutes of meetings
- Providing event planning and logistical support to events either run by or involving Strategic Partnerships
- Keeping abreast of major Strategic Partnership team deadlines and events
We are looking for:
- The ability to work with a suitable degree of independence; making own decisions when appropriate.
- Excellent attention to detail / high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to understand differing priorities and to ensure relevant deadlines are met.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise own activities to deliver against deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills: highly diplomatic with very good written and spoken English.
- The ability to acquire and maintain a very good knowledge of RSC activities.
- The ability to maintain a working knowledge of the computer systems needed for administrative, secretarial and organisational aspects of the teams activities, including Microsoft Office and Sales Force.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested, please apply by the end of our closing date.