- Closing date 25 Feb 2020
- Type Part-time
- Duration Temporary
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has an opportunity for a Regions Team Administrator to join us on a part-time (17.5 hours per week) temporary basis (initially until the end of 2020 to cover an internal secondment). You will be based in our Cambridge office and there may be the requirement for occasional travel to our London office, with the potential to attend meetings in other locations, if suitable.
As our Regions Team Administrator, you will provide support for the work of our Regions team across the UK and Ireland by providing day-to-day customer service and administrative support to help maintain excellent service delivery. Your work will mainly focus on supporting our regionally based team with administrative tasks, including monthly reporting and supporting financial processes, in addition to supporting national education programmes such as Top of The Bench.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the largest non-government supporter of chemistry education in the UK, and we reach millions of people every year through media and public outreach. We believe that everyone should have access to a high quality chemistry education which is engaging, inspiring and relevant. Our activities encompass formal and informal science and chemistry education from primary schools through to professional development in the work place.
We are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Previous administrative and operational experience in a complex organisation with many stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Microsoft packages and an ability to learn in-house systems.
- Good organisational and time management skills and proven ability to work to a deadline.
- Ability to manage competing demands and workload.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- At least a basic understanding of and interest in the science education landscape in the UK.
- Ability to support and take the lead on aspects of data collection and reporting for different services.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.