- Closing date 20 Oct 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is recruiting for a Postroom Assistant, to provide Postroom services and support to the Reception and Facilities teams on daily basis.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, an internationally-renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK. We connect the world of science to advance chemical knowledge for a better future.
This role is involves supporting the Facilities Manager to ensure that all post related services are efficiently delivered and effectively managed. The role will be based at the Cambridge office (Thomas Graham House) of the RSC where there are approximately 500 staff based currently.
Working hours will be 08:00 – 16:00 but you will need a flexible approach to working to accommodate necessary out of hours work or providing additional services to the post room as required.
Your main duties will include;
- Receipt and despatch of goods into and out of TGH (Thomas Graham House) and appropriate collection / delivery within the building
- Reviewing and evaluation of relevant and most appropriate post / courier services, including achieving best value
- Reconciliation and process of Postroom related invoices
- Liaising and dealing with issues relating to exhibition despatch and receipt, working closely with Stock Room, Production Team and Events Team
- Provision of porterage and light maintenance services when required
- Ensuring that photocopiers, fax machines, scales and lifting equipment remain in good order
- Support and cover for Reception and other Facilities colleagues as required.
- Ad-hoc Facilities related tasks as and when required, i.e. gritting the car park, undertaking inspections
- Thorough knowledge of all Royal Mail and other mail related services, including courier services and international mail logistics.
- An understanding and working knowledge of various countries customs requirements relating to import/export
- Use of specialist mailing equipment i.e. franking machine.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Working knowledge of exhibitions despatch arrangements
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Knowledge of reception arrangements including switchboard operation.
- Knowledge of fire evacuations, emergency procedures and responding to first aid requests.
- Smart and presentable
The Royal Society of Chemistry supports development and offers excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by the closing date.
Download the job description here.