- Closing date 23 Jul 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Can you see yourself managing the international marketing activities of a global not-for-profit?
The Royal Society of Chemistry is looking for an inspiring, experienced marketing manager to join our team at an exciting period of development.
As marketing manager (educators) you will manage a team of audience-specialist marketing executives, helping them to develop, deliver and continuously evaluate a global-scale programme of activity that attracts attention, inspires involvement and shows audiences around the world exactly how the Royal Society of Chemistry can support them to do their best work.
Based in our office in Cambridge, you will develop strategic marketing plans that use in-depth customer insights to convey strong, clear messages to the education market – messages that demonstrate the value of our products and services, and why working with us is not only good for them, but good for the future of the chemical sciences.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a global organisation, and we want to be sure that our support resonates locally, not just in the UK. As well as working with stakeholders in Cambridge, you will build relationships with customers and staff based in different regions through regular visits. You will bring the knowledge you gather back to inform and develop your strategic marketing plans – showing that big ideas work at a local level.
We are looking for someone with:
- Natural vibrancy and curiosity – we want you to seek out new opportunities and show that important messages translate into impactful campaigns. We want your enthusiasm and drive to inspire your team and help them to maximise their potential.
- Degree-level marketing knowledge/experience.
- A deep understanding of education and the people working in the field.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Extensive experience in resource and budget planning, including large budgets.
- An ability to translate customer insight into campaigns that focus on the people they target and deliver results – for them, and for the business.
- Experience of working with an international marketing team for a publishing or membership organisation, and a proven ability to develop relationships with customers on a global scale.
- A track record of successful marketing campaigns for membership or publishing.
- The ability to influence through excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills, solid business acumen and a willingness to travel extensively.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry we offer excellent benefits, including a standard 35-hour week and 26 days of paid holiday which increases after 5 years.
You can download the full job description here.