- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
This role is suited to an individual who is passionate about information security and has the ability to assess threats, risks and vulnerabilities, highlighting and responding to those that are relevant to the business.
They will need to provide information security awareness training to the business and lead the response to security incidents.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate keen problem-solving skills and have excellent attention to detail.
A can-do and positive attitude is essential.
The IT Services team provides support to over 600 internal customers and we are responsible for developing, installing and maintaining a wide range of services to support business systems and processes.
The team is routinely challenged with new technical requirements from our internal customers in the pursuit of market-leading innovations.
- To research and maintain an up to date awareness of information security, focusing on new or revised security solutions, security processes and the development of attacks and threats
- To assess threats, risks and vulnerabilities relating to emerging security issues and highlight those that are relevant to the business
- To recommend information security solutions or improvements to existing security solutions to support continuous improvement
- To conduct and coordinate perimeter and internal security assessments via in house and third-party penetration tests and vulnerability scanning, highlighting security threats
- To handle security incidents, undertake root cause analysis and prepare security incident reports, escalating incidents and advising users as required
- To contribute to IT projects, provide information security advice to colleagues throughout the business and carry out security reviews as required
- To create and maintain security policies and procedures
- To perform event and log monitoring and analysis to identify and highlight information security risks to the business
- To maintain an up to date awareness of Apple iOS and Google Android OS releases, carry out security reviews and testing prior to enterprise wide adoption.
- To be responsible for the administration of anti-virus and web filter services
- To assist with obtaining and maintaining ISO27001 and ISO22301.
To meet the requirements of the role you will have a degree in Computer Science or a related subject. You will also have:
- A thorough understanding of the available tools and technologies to protect and monitor information security
- A technical background with experience of security, network or UNIX administration
- The ability to technically understand security threats and determine business relevance
- Experience of maintaining information security for on premise and cloud based services
- Strong technical knowledge and a desire to learn
- Capable of working to defined procedures
- Willingness to support all areas of the IT services user base as required
- Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well within a small team
- Good organisational skills
- Strong self motivation
Due to the nature of the work, it will be necessary to obtain security clearance for the successful applicant.
The following would be advantageous:
- A relevant security qualification such as CISSP, CISM or CISA
- Experience of assisting with the maintenance of ISO27001
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.