During lockdown many of us have been spending more time sprucing up our gardens, allotments or window boxes. So we've asked florist Jayne Norris to host an online workshop, and show us how to create a summer arrangement.
Jane will also be giving us lots of practical tips including how to make flowers stand up in a vase, what shapes of vases suit which flowers, and how to make the most of foliage. No previous experience is required
Please register on the right and we will send the zoom link to you nearer the time.
Jayne will demonstrate how to make both a medium/long stemmed design and a short posy design. Please see below a list of the types of flowers, foilage and other materials you will need - please feel free to work with what you have available:
- Medium sized vase/jug
- Small container/jam jar (something you could make into a posy bowl
- Twigs or chicken wire (to be bent around the inside of your vase)
- Foliage - large ad small leaved if possible, and some trailing such as ivy or honeysuckle
- Flowers - from your garden or a local shop or supermarket
- Secateurs or a sharp knife