Do you want to make a difference?
At Cambridge Consultants we design remarkable medical products and technology that improve the lives of people across the world.
Working within our Medical Technology (MedTech) division, you will be part of a Design Group that has a range of specialisms across both physical and digital design. You will be working closely with Industrial Designers, Graphic Designers, Digital UX Designers, Human Factors, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers as well as other disciplines.
Each of our designers plays a pivotal role in the development of a medical product system. We collaborate intensely to develop simple, intuitive products with harmonious user experiences in areas of drug delivery, diagnostics, eHealth and surgical technologies.
Designers at Cambridge Consultants are fully integrated into the development process. They conduct research, collaborate with stakeholders to identify product goals, generate concepts and create prototypes for evaluation by patients and users.
As a Packaging & Graphics Designer you will lead the design on projects, taking responsibility for, and participate in, the complete development cycle for medical packaging and Instructions for Use (IFUs), from product definition through to design verification and validation activities.
In this role you will also be a liaison with clients, business developers and technical engineers to promote user-centred design both internally and externally.
We’re looking for an articulate problem solver with knowledge of information design and outstanding graphical skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting edge development programs using your creative skills.
You will be involved in and/or asked to lead activities such as:
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams to develop compelling user-centred packaging and instructional material designs.
- Design of packaging and instructional graphics e.g., instruction leaflets, product labels, graphical user interfaces and visual identities for product brands within the medical space
- Support the Business Developers in sales meetings with prospective clients, planning and estimating product design and development projects, preparing project proposals
- Creating 2D templates to procure rapid prototypes for testing with users
- Facilitating brainstorming, concept generation sessions and client workshops
- Visual brand language development for products and services
- Creating mood boards, storyboards, product road maps, etc. to communicate designs and user experiences
- Graphical and structural packaging design and IFU development
- Providing graphic support for presentations (typically in PowerPoint), reports, brochures and other media
- Extensive experience as an Industrial Designer or Packaging/Instructions Designer
- An excellent BA/BEng in Industrial Design or Packaging Design (or comparable degree)
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Illustrator, and 3D software to communicate packaging designs.
- Knowledge of relevant human factors regulations, standards and guidance for medical devices and pharmaceutical packaging
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating experience working in technology or product design and development companies, on multi-disciplinary projects including medical packaging, IFUs, interface and brand design
- Evidence of passion for graphic design with strong creative flair, meticulous attention to detail and excellent eye for colour and layout.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritizing skills as well as communication and presentation skills
- Incredible 2D visualisation skills like hand sketching, Illustrator and Photoshop rendering
- Understanding of print production and how to manage vendors to produce prototypes
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants is a user-centred design and technology development firm.
For more than 50 years Cambridge Consultants has led the way in medical device development. We are the development partners of choice for many of the world’s leading healthcare companies and ambitious start-up companies.
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.