- Date 22 Feb 2019
- Sectors Technology, Life Sciences
Breakthrough innovation specialist Cambridge Consultants today launches its latest workshop report, exploring how emerging technologies will transform supply chains in the future. Written following a workshop discussion with a group of industry leaders, the report is vital reading for all those seeking to understand the rapid technological advancements that will shape tomorrow’s supply chains.
This technology workshop was convened by Cambridge Consultants and took place in Napa Valley, CA. Workshop delegates represented a wide spectrum of backgrounds and expertise, including consumer electronics, industrial and pharmaceutical suppliers. Companies represented included; Microsoft, Arm, Ocado Technology, LEGO Group, Nike, Qualcomm Technologies and Livongo Health.
The workshop set out to identify key cross-industry sector transformations that are influencing the way products are built, distributed and consumed, and from this, to understand the challenges and opportunities created by these transitions. During a full day of insightful discussion, the participants identified key opportunities that are likely to emerge from supply chain transformations. The report summarizes the combined vision formulated during the event, offering a unique window into the future, as seen by the sectors’ leading authorities.
The report explores:
· The four key layers of supply chain digitization:
o Digitizing the physical world
o Establishing trust
o Setting information boundaries
o Value creation and extraction
· How the digital economy is reshaping the way in which consumers obtain services, information and goods
· How blockchains, at the peak of the hype cycle, still need to display unique value in supply chains
· How next-generation approaches to provenance can enable suppliers to optimize their supply chains and empower consumers to make better decisions
· How digital transformation in all its forms can enable suppliers to respond more directly and intelligently to customer demand
· How digital trust systems, demand-driven supply chains and postponement methods will create opportunities for organizations to take part in new value chains that will complement, and in some instances replace, established value chains
We are grateful to our delegates for their willingness to invest time and effort to attend the workshop and for their readiness to share insights and opinions so freely, enabling Cambridge Consultants to create this visionary report.