- Closing date 26 Mar 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) provides world class genetic research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions. We are a rapidly growing company with state-of-the-art facilities and over 100 employees based at our Cytocell® office in Cambridge and our head office in Oxford. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, we have a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
An opportunity has arisen in our Regulatory, Medical & Quality Team which is responsible for ensuring that OGT’s products are safe, effective and fit for purpose, thus allowing them to be available globally and state of the art.
Reporting to the V&V Team Leader, you will play an integral role in all laboratory aspects of the Validation & Verification Team and the delivery of internal technical and analytical performance data for a range of OGT products.
Your duties will include:
- Responsibility for the smooth and efficient functioning of the laboratory, including consumables, reagents, microscopes, equipment and software
- Laboratory duties include biological sample culturing, G-Banding and Fluorescent In Situ Hybridisation (FISH) slide-making and processing, image capture, receipt/logging of external samples, maintenance/use of internal samples and accurate up keep of laboratory records
- Responsibility for an assigned proportion of the V&V FISH processing workload, using Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) sections, haematological and prenatal specimens
- Contributing to the analytical workload within the V&V team, using in-house or external specimens as required (e.g. FFPE, haematological and prenatal specimens), using manual microscopes and automated software
- Reporting of analytical results and upkeep of record and image databases
- Contributing to the documentation and infrastructure by assisting with report writing
- Responsibility for an appropriate proportion of the quality management system, including procedures and audits
You will have:
- A background in a Science related subject, preferably to A level or equivalent qualification. A degree level or equivalent qualification is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of working in a GLP environment
- Experience/knowledge in FISH processing and clinical FISH analysis of various sample types, including haematological and FFPE
- An ability to use your scientific knowledge to problem solve and trouble shoot technical laboratory issues
- Good attention to detail
- An organised methodological approach to working, being able to manage your daily/weekly workload
- Work well both individually and under supervision.
- The ability to follow detailed processes
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days holiday rising with service
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 26 March 2021.
No agencies please