- Closing date 16 Jul 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is the world’s leading chemistry community, operating internationally but predominantly based in its offices in Cambridge and London. We are a major publisher of academic journals and, along with income from other sources, invest widely in furthering chemistry through charitable activities.
We are looking for a Treasury Assistant to join our Finance team on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking and close to the guided busway and Cambridge railway station).
As the Royal Society of Chemistry's Treasury Assistant, you will support our Treasury Supervisor in the delivery of an efficient Treasury service. This will include maintaining cashbooks, reconciling and administering our bank accounts, producing cash flow forecasts and monitoring our investment portfolio, working closely with our Processing team. This is an exciting time for our Finance department as we are in the process of implementing a new accounting system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing information accurately to deadlines as requested by our Treasury Supervisor.
- Specific duties will include assistance with:
- Transferring funds to / from bank / investment accounts
- Preparation of cash flow reporting on a daily / weekly / monthly basis
- Responsible for cash management activities and short-term liquidity
- Responsible for managing administration of bank / investment accounts
- Reconciling all bank/investment accounts on a daily / weekly / monthly basis
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts on a weekly / monthly basis
- Responsible for Month End processes
- Providing reports to Senior Management and external Auditors when required
- Performing any other duties as required by the RSC Group
- The priority and focus of your duties may vary from day-to-day and over time.
We are looking for:
- Strong proficiency in Excel (advanced data manipulation and presentation skills a prerequisite)
- Experience working in a finance environment, or possess the relevant transferable skills
- Able to quickly develop a good understanding of double-entry accounting (ideally willing to work towards completing the AAT qualification but this is not essential)
- Able to quickly develop sufficient working knowledge of;
o Finance Accounting Systems - currently Sun / Q&A 10 / Proactis with NetSuite and ReconArt replacing them in the near future
o On-line Banking Systems - currently RBS Bankline, Citizens
o On-line Investment Systems - currently JPM and Schroders
o BACS systems - currently BACS-Tel IP (ePay Client)
o MS Office Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work to the requirements of detailed daily, weekly and monthly accounting cycles and deadlines, ensuring that internal and external customers’ needs are met
- Able to develop a clear understanding of key procedures in our Finance department, in order to explain these to RSC personnel and ensure that they are always adhered to
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will reward your contribution with great benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.