- Closing date 20 Jul 2018
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
About the role This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the trade regulations by implementing auditing work procedures and working with business partners.
This vital role will work across the business to reduce import/export risk and ensure compliance of both distribution and manufacturing sites by ensuring classification, valuation and origin of the goods is correct.
- Ensuring the correct application of customs legislation in terms of valuation, tariff classification and country of origin (preferential and non-preferential)
- Collaboration with Finance on tax and duty spend for EMEA region and taking actions
- Monthly audit of customs declarations (import/export) and taking actions
- Audit of business partners' import and export practices and taking actions
- Maintaining relationship with customs agents for EMEA region
- Support commercial operations projects with advice on country regulations by advising whether licenses are required or products are restricted for importation
- Proactive support with license applications for import/export, including dual-use goods
- Maintaining a good relationship with Abcam business partners
- Actively review product classification changes,
- Identify areas for opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Denied Party Screening evaluations.
- Assisting with monthly reporting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in commodity classifications
- Understanding of Pharma/Biotech products
- Ability to influence across the business especially at a senior level.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal Skills and communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced global team environment and adapt to change.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Oracle Global Trade Management an advantage
- Experience of using business reporting tools i.e Tableau, SQL
About Us: Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.