- Closing date 15 Dec 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
We are looking for an experienced performance test engineer with an interest in improving the performance quality of our solutions at all levels within the Citrix stack. We’re redefining and improving how millions of end users work, and enabling those users to be more productive, every day, wherever they work from and on whatever device.
About the Job
Our newly formed Solutions Performance team is responsible for ensuring the very latest Citrix technology platform is highly responsive, performant, and scalable. The role will offer the opportunity to work with a large global team of engineers, helping to provide expert input into our architectural decision making, implement automated CI/CD pipeline testing, and report on our live performance metrics.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Implementing and recommending automated tests using profiling, monitoring and scalability test tooling as outlined within our solution performance test strategy (such as Selenium, Jprofiler, New Relic APM)
- Recommending and making use of both web and mobile performance test tooling to ensure our products are meeting their business requirements.
- Gathering, publishing and governing performance and scale benchmarking data across the entire Citrix solution stack
- Partnering with product development teams around performance and scalability in order to help define best practice along with promoting industry best practice around performance testing across the organisation
- Opportunity to work with some of the latest cloud technologies such as Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker etc. – and the opportunity to define which brand new technologies we use.
What we're looking for:
- Significant prior experience of testing software systems at scale, and tracking/maintaining performance within the system.
- University Degree, or relevant industry experience – we don’t mind either.
- Exposure to Microservice Based Architectures, and experience of web/cloud/SaaS platform development.
- Experience of performance and scale testing in a web and/or cloud level environment
- Significant experience of related tooling for performance and scale/load testing.
- Exposure to CI/CD deployments, and associated infrastructure/toolsets: Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker etc.
- A genuine passion for the subject matter and a willingness to try new things to solve new problems.