- Closing date 21 Jun 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Due to exciting growth here at Johnson Matthey we have great opportunities for Scientists within our Solid Form Group of the Health Division, Pharmorphix®. Operating from our state-of-the-art facility in Cambridge, UK, we aim to change lives by enabling ground-breaking drugs to make it to market quickly and with enhanced efficacy. Almost 20% of small molecule drugs launched in the last 5 years have passed through our labs. This means patient outcomes are improved sooner and at a lower cost.
Our services include solid-form and physicochemical profiling, salt/polymorph and cocrystal screening and selection, and scale up of forms. Our laboratories are fully equipped with state of the art instrumentation, including; X-Ray Powder Diffraction (including variable temperature and humidity), Single Crystal Diffraction, Thermal analysis (DSC and TGA), GVS/ DVS, Sirius automated pKa/ logP and solubility measurement platforms for physicochemical analysis along with multiple crystallisation development tools and PAT tools, including Optimax reactor and Mettler Toledo FBRM, PVM, Renishaw Raman Spectroscopy and a Malvern Mastersizer 3000.
We are looking for talented individuals to support our ambitious plans for growth. You will help support and accelerate the development of small molecule APIs from late discovery, through clinical studies to commercialisation.
· Commitment to the JM Safety and Quality cultures
· Demonstrate and understand the importance of Customer Focus
· Lead/Participate in R&D investigations both independently and as part of a team
· Promote innovation and continuous improvement
· Design and implement experimental procedures
· Interpret data and provide recommendations, independently and as part of a team
· Collaborate effectively both internally and externally
· Lead/participate in problem solving activities
· Efficiently manage/participate in projects and display excellent communication and organisational skills
· Demonstrate scientific excellence in all aspects of experimental and written work
· Create value through development of key technical areas and/or collaboration in Business Development activities
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
· A degree (or equivalent experience) in a chemistry related discipline or pharmaceutical sciences.
· A postgraduate qualification in a chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences discipline and/or relevant industrial experience is desirable.
· Previous experience in solid form screening, crystallisation development or particle engineering is desirable.
· Knowledge of GMP, GLP, and ISO 9001 is desirable.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary passion, skills and experience to join our team and would like to apply online, please visit our website – www.matthey.com/careers. For further information, please contact the Recruitment Team via email.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including pension, medical cash-back scheme, 25 days holiday, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, retailer discounts and much more.