- Closing date 14 Jun 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular reprogramming (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. To date, we have raised over $37 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Scientist to push the boundaries of in vivo reprogramming in the retina. The right candidate will have experience in cell and gene therapies to target retinal degeneration. They will believe that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success, patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Provide retinal biology expertise for new and ongoing cell conversions, contributing to all phases of a project, from experimental design through to execution and reporting;
- Develop and validate in vitro human cell conversions using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology;
- Be an integral part of the research and development team, conducting complex scientific wet lab research independently and act as a mentor to junior staff within the company.
- Lead and support new business initiatives, working alongside the business development and executive leadership team to achieve key program objectives;
- Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple cell conversion experiments, identifying problems and resolving technical issues.
- Molecular or cell biology Ph.D. in a relevant area with more than 3 years follow-on experience in Ophthalmology, preferably retina research. For example, this can include post-doctoral or equivalent experience in an industry setting;
- Proven ability to work independently or within a collaborative team setting;
- Proven ability to manage complex projects to defined deadlines and with a sense of urgency;
- Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; capable of conveying complex ideas and discussing them with key opinion leaders (KOLs);
- Experience working with pluripotent stem cells, and experience in in vitro cell differentiation and reprogramming, would be highly advantageous.
- Retinal organoid and photoreceptor differentiation protocols
- Knowledge of retinal degeneration animal models and measuring visual function
- Experience in gene therapy delivery methods, such as AAV
- Experience in some of the following areas is preferred:
- Lentiviral and AAV construct preparation and transduction of cells
- Familiarity with NGS and RNAseq
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]