- Closing date 31 Jan 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular conversion (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Senior Scientist to push the boundaries of Immunology. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
• Provide high-level scientific expertise for new and ongoing Immunology projects, contributing to all phases from experimental design through to execution and reporting;
• Work as a pivotal part of the Immunology team, conducting complex scientific wet lab research both independently and as part of a wider project group;
• Lead and support new business initiatives as required, working alongside the business development and executive leadership team to achieve key program objectives;
• Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple experiments, identifying problems and resolving technical issues;
• Act as a mentor to junior staff within the company.
• Ph.D. graduate in Immunology or related discipline, with a minimum of 5-year post-doctoral experience in academia or private sector;
• Experienced in aseptic cell culture technique, with deep knowledge of a range of cell analysis and characterization techniques and methods;
• Experience in immune cell isolation, phenotypic/functional characterization, and genetic manipulation of immune cells (e.g. transfection and transduction) and other related techniques;
• Proven ability to successfully manage and deliver complex projects with defined timelines;
• Team player, self-motivated, with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude;
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated ability to promote and encourage working in a highly collaborative environment with other scientists (internally and externally), bringing a range of disciplines to the project to fully understand the generation of immune cells;
• Provide technical training in specific techniques and technologies to the rest of the team;
• Seek new ways of working or improving current processes to increase capacity and/or enhance quality.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
• Contributory pension (8%)
• Health and dental insurance
• Share options scheme
• Income protection
• Life assurance
•25 days annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]
For more information about Mogrify, please visit: mogrify.co.uk