- Closing date 13 Oct 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Temporary
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a senior technology Project Manager to join our Technology team on a fixed term full-time (35-hour week) basis, until 30 October 2020, at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking, and close to the guided bus and Cambridge North train station).
As a Senior Project Manager you will report to our Project Manager Team Lead and will be a key member of our wider Business Relationship Management (BRM) team in Technology, which encompasses Project Management and Business Analysis.
This role will be responsible for managing technology projects, with a focus on IT infrastructure, including cyber security (CIS Controls and Cyber Essentials), collaborating with managed service providers to deliver new services, third party SAAS implementations (e.g. Office 365) and end user device rollouts.
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy a varied role centred around technology-based projects and forming positive, productive relationships with project stakeholders and suppliers to ensure effective delivery. You will be managing large scale or complex projects, working closely with Technology colleagues, leading project teams with a wide mix of internal stakeholders and suppliers, and actively controlling project costs, timescales and quality to ensure in-budget and on time delivery. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining realistic project plans and ensuring regular and accurate communication to senior project sponsors and stakeholders, managing dependencies, project risks and issues and escalating as appropriate.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, an internationally-renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK. We connect the world of science to advance chemical knowledge for a better future.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in successfully delivering large-scale, complex technology projects with significant business change such as multi-million, cross functional digital transformation projects.
- Proven experience in implementing third party SaaS systems and software applications, such as Office 365, and experience IT infrastructure and cyber security projects.
- Demonstrable leadership skills to manage projects across the organisational matrix along with the ability to effectively manage and influence stakeholders’ expectations.
- Project management qualification, with strong experience of using project management and collaboration tools such as MS Project, Atlassian Product Suite, Basecamp.
- Experience in project reporting to senior stakeholders and project budget control.
- Able to develop an excellent understanding of internal and external customers and their requirements; using technical skills and experience to determine how to help them achieve their goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to explain technical or complex concepts in a clear format to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deadline oriented and goal driven with a high attention to detail.
- Effective negotiation and customer management skills, ability to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders with diverse objectives, and effectively influence decision making in complex/ambiguous situations.
- Can build effective relationships and influence project teams, stakeholders and suppliers to ensure delivery.
- Experience with supplier selection and procurement processes and supplier management.
- Experience in contributing to development of business cases and project initiation document.
- ITIL certification.
- Experience in managing end user device roll-outs.
- Experience of managing projects in a Publishing or Membership organisation.
- Broad knowledge of CMS, CRM, ERP and workflow management systems.
- Programme management experience.
- Experience of managing large programmes of work or multi-million pound technology projects.
- Knowledge of change management frameworks, such as ADKAR, and some of experience of applying change management frameworks to project delivery.
The Royal Society of Chemistry supports development and offers excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by the closing date.
Download the job description here.