- Closing date 30 Nov 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer will help to drive and lead the AVEVA global Cloud DevOps team, which responsible for the secure and efficient operation of AVEVA Cloud services.
Working closely with developers, business units, operations and support colleagues, the role of the Senior DevOps Engineer is to continually improve and develop AVEVA’s automated CI/CD pipeline processes and SIEM monitoring ecosystems, to provide proactive monitoring and incident support responses, liaising with the Global Customer Support team as required.
Additionally, this role will be expected to take the lead on assessing operational readiness, provide assistance and advice to other members of the Cloud DevOps team as well as development colleagues to ensure AVEVA operates a streamlined and effective cloud release programme, with robust planning in place.
The Cloud DevOps team provides a 24x7 service with a follow-the-Sun model, utilising three global locations, therefore some shift work, including weekends and public holidays, will be required as part of this role.
• Part of a global team providing follow-the sun proactive monitoring and support of AVEVA cloud services.
• Use initiative to lead the team during high impact incidents and problem-solving scenarios.
• Look for opportunities to spread good practice and promote Cloud DevOps policy and processes.
• Provide timely and effective response to issues and trends to ensure colleagues and customers (via Global Customer Support) are kept informed of incidents and resolution progress.
• Continually develop and improve DevOps processes, adding value through optimisation, automation and effective reporting.
• Oversee relevant Cloud deployments to ensure successful implementation, track and report progress, resolve or escalate release issues.
• Follow and promote the Incident Management process to ensure incidents (including security related issues) are managed effectively throughout their life-cycle, including incident reporting and root cause analysis.
• Proactively manage cloud environments to minimise service impacting issues, including infrastructure as code, SSL certificates, storage, health status, backup status etc.
• Review and process application and web account access requests and tasks.
• Ensure new services meet required operational readiness standards before being accepted into Cloud DevOps operations control.
• Ensure on-going compliance to security practices and policies.
• Provide subject matter expertise to business stakeholders as required.
• Maintain clear and accurate DevOps operational documentation.
• Contribute to regular operational and business focussed reporting metrics.
• Stay current on security industry trends, tools and best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
The following list applies primarily to Azure, however relevant skills and experience with AWS are also highly desirable.
• Certification in Azure (and/or AWS).
• Hands-on in Azure administration, Azure APIs and tools
• 4+ years of experience in monitoring, deployments and test automation of SaaS offerings on Azure platform.
• Experience with leading teams, either project-based or direct line management.
• Experience or knowledge of software development and deployment methodologies and principles and an understanding of the core tenets and practices of DevOps, CI/CD.
• Experience and a demonstrable good understanding of scripting skills e.g. in Python, Perl or .Net
• Experience with Software Lifecycle management tools. E.g. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)/Visual Studio Team Services, Source Control and Build templates.
• Experience working in Agile software development such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Must be a flexible self-starter, with the ability and experience to take on new requirements quickly and adapt to a growing and evolving team.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, able to convey information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Hands-on experience working within an Information Security accredited framework e.g. ISO27001, 27017/18.
• (Desirable) Information Security related qualification.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such