- Closing date 15 Jan 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a Senior Automation Test Specialist to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. You will be conveniently based at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking, close to the guided busway and Cambridge North train station).
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences. Our Quality Assurance (QA) team are part of our Applications Development team, which includes our Quality Assurance, Software Development, and Technical Analyst teams.
As a Senior Automation Test Specialist for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will create and maintain manual and automation test processes, which will successfully validate the behaviour of software products. This role in Test is much more than just a tester; it is all about testing and developing scripts to analyse the functionality of our infrastructure. You will be a key member of our QA team, reporting to our QA Team Lead, and working with our Senior QA Specialist and Junior QA Specialist who are responsible for QA testing all of our software products.
We are looking for:
- Experience of automation testing in enterprise environments, including the ability to creating automation-testing frameworks from scratch.
- Advanced capability with test automation tools, e.g. Xunit, Selenium, Cucumber and able to manage test automation execution cycles.
- Able to script / program and knowledge of good programming practices e.g. Java, C#.
- Experience using any of our preferred tools and methods BDD, Cucumber, Gherkin Specflow.
- Experience of continuous integration e.g. TeamCity or similar.
- Experience of working in Agile / DevOps environments and familiar with SCRUM/Kanban.
- Experience of working in a Cloud environment e.g. AWS.
- Experience of functional testing of API’s.
- Experienced software tester with an understanding of the interrelationship between data and software.
- Attention to detail, with a logical approach to problem solving and an investigative and inquisitive mind.
- An understanding of user needs, articulated through user stories, and a business outcome approach.
- A professional attitude and able to build and maintain relationships with our customers and demonstrate customer focussed behaviour at all times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to explain technical concepts equally to customers with a level of technical understanding to those without.
- Load and performance testing.
- Knowledge of BS7925 Standard for Software Testing.
- ISEB Practitioner Certificate in software testing.
- Good practical experience of JIRA.
- Knowledge of Cross Browser testing tool e.g. Browser Stack.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support your development and reward your contribution with excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.