- Closing date 20 Jun 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular reprogramming (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Scientist to join our Immunology team. The successful candidate will support the R&D research program to develop cell reprogramming technologies that will drive the differentiation of human induced Pluripotent Stem (iPS) cells to various functional immune cell types for cell therapy. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible and that, given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Conduct high-level scientific research aimed at the reprogramming of human iPS cells to various immune cell types using our proprietary direct cellular reprogramming technology.
- Design and apply genetic manipulation techniques to enhance the differentiation of iPS cells or function of resultant immune cells.
- Perform functional and immunophenotypic analyses on iPS and resultant immune cells to assess success of conversions.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with other scientists internally and externally bringing a range of disciplines to the project to fully understand the generation of immune cells.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple cell conversion experiments, identifying problems or bottlenecks and resolving technical issues.
- PhD graduate in iPS cell biology with over two years of experience in the field, or BSc/MSc with over 4 years of follow-on experience.
- Background in Immunology is desirable.
- Proficient in aseptic cell culture technique, iPS cell line maintenance and genetic manipulation is essential.
- Experience with immune cells or HSCs is desirable.
- Proficient in molecular biology techniques such as construct design and cloning, genetic manipulation of cells, qPCR and gene expression analysis.
- Proficient in gene delivery methods, such as lentiviral transduction.
- Competence with multi-parameter flow cytometry for immunophenotyping analyses, cellular imaging and immuno-assays is desirable.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Team player, organized, self-motivated with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised, both scientifically and in the laboratory, working on multiple projects.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]