- Closing date 25 Jun 2021
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular reprogramming (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. To date, we have raised over $37 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Scientist to push the boundaries of cell reprogramming and gene therapy. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success, patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Conduct high-level scientific research aimed at the development of novel therapeutic and non-therapeutic projects using both of Mogrify’s proprietary platform technologies.
- Work as a pivotal part of the research and development team, conducting complex scientific wet lab research independently, as well as part of a wider project group.
- Collaboratively work with scientific and commercial teams to evaluate the feasibility and desirability of the new projects.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with other scientists internally and externally bringing a range of disciplines to the project to fully understand the generation cells in vitro and in vivo.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple cell conversion experiments, identifying problems and resolving technical issues.
- Provide technical training in specific techniques and technologies to the rest of the team.
- Seek new ways of working or improving current processes to increase capacity and/or enhance quality.
- Molecular and cell biology PhD with over two years of follow-on experience, or BSc/MSc with over 4 years of follow-on experience.
- Experience in handling and characterization of induced pluripotent stem cells, and experience in in vitro cell differentiation and reprogramming.
- Experience in genetic manipulation such as DNA editing, generation of complex constructs, and in vivo delivery systems is beneficial.
- Strong knowledge in advanced molecular and cell biology technologies is beneficial, such as single-cell sequencing and multi-color flow cytometry.
- Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and a “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]