- Closing date 31 May 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Scientist to push the boundaries of cell reprograming. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success, patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Conduct high-level scientific research aimed at the development and in vitro validation of human cell conversions using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology;
- Undertake un-supervised scientific and laboratory work and influence the design of an assigned project;
- Provide planning and scientific direction for a research project or process relating to a specific expertise area or in combination with a wider interdisciplinary research project;
- Work on several different projects simultaneously with minimal supervision from senior scientists or above;
- Analyze and interpret experimental data from multiple cell conversion experiments, identifying problems and resolving technical issues;
- Provide technical training in specific techniques and technologies to the rest of the team;
- Seek new ways of working or improve current processes to increase capacity or enhance quality;
- Recent PhD gradute in a relevant area or BSc/MSc with over 4 years of follow-on experience;
- Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking with a “can-do” attitude;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Mammalian tissue culture experience is required;
- Experience handling and characterization of different cell types, such as of pluripotent stem cells, and experience in in vitro cell differentiation and reprograming, would be advantageous.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive Pension
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Share Scheme
- Income Protection
- 25 Days Holiday
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for.