- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
Joining our Publishing Department as a Graduate you will undergo a programme of structured training and development guided by experienced mentors within your team. As a Publishing Editor the main purpose of your role is to contribute to the growth and quality of the journals through the day-to-day operation of the peer review, editing and publication processes for journal articles submitted to the Royal Society of Chemistry.
We are looking for;
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science normally preferred) is essential,
- Experience of using computers for electronic mail, internet, file manipulation and word processing is essential,
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines,
- Good attention to detail,
- A proactive approach to problem solving is required,
- Good communication skills in interacting with internal and external contacts are essential,
- Proven ability to work well as a team,
- Postgraduate experience and/or practical experience in STM publishing would be an asset.
*We offer a competitive Salary Progression Scheme for this role. On successful completion of probation (~6 months service) the salary will increase to £28,623, through to candidates with three years’ experience in this role with good performance can expect to be earning circa £32,000 per annum. Applications received will be considered for 2017 assessment centres.