- Closing date 18 Aug 2021
An opportunity has arisen for a Research Scientist to support the R&D team which is responsible for all research and development activity within the organisation.
Reporting to our R&D Manager, you will play a crucial role in new product and process development process, design reviews, performing product investigations and taking part of internal and external audits.
Your tasks will be to:
- Contribute to research, development and improvement of new and existing products which either increase existing efficiencies or expand the product portfolio
- Assist with finding solutions to scientific and technical problems in the Company as they arise
- Plan and conduct experiments, analyse results, attend weekly R&D meetings, reporting on work progress and presenting when required
- Write experimental methods and results in Company laboratory notebooks using Quality guidelines and in a logical and concise manner that can be used in future as reference material
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments and to disseminate any new information which may benefit the Company
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and conferences if appropriate
- Produce all required documents for relevant technical transfers
- Ensure a smooth flow of information between R&D and other departments across the organisation
- Adhere to procedures documented in the CytoCell® and OGT quality management system and comply with company Health and Safety, bio-safety, HTA regulations and ISO accreditations
- Provide technical expertise and training to other members of the team
- Be qualified to a minimum of Masters level or equivalent in a biological-related discipline
- Have demonstrable experience of molecular biology techniques, such as Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Fluorescent in-situ Hybridisation (FISH) (desirable)
- Have an understanding of fluorescent labelling of DNA and bacterial manipulations, culturing for the extraction of DNA to make FISH probes (desirable)
- Experience of working in a research environment
- Have experience of working in a corporate environment and to ISO13485 (desirable)
- Have the ability to work to deadlines, as part of a team, in an occasionally high-pressure environment
- Be a strong team player, with good communication skills and attention to detail
- Have a proactive and inquisitive scientific approach with the interest and ability to solve problems
- Be technically excellent
Due to the nature of the projects, this role is suited to somebody who is highly organised and will take pride in delivering high-quality R&D work whilst suggesting process improvement to increase efficiency.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days holiday rising with service
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is 18 August 2021.
No agencies please