- Closing date 18 Jun 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
This is a great opportunity to join our Journals administration team in the role of Publishing Assistant, Journals. Your role would be to provide excellent customer service through the provision of administrative support for our journals. Working within a large team, this role involves dealing with queries from scientists around the world, and helping them to submit their manuscripts to the large portfolio of journals published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Your responsibilities will focus on:
- administrative duties associated with the processing of articles submitted and published in our journals;
- daily correspondence with authors, reviewers and publishing staff;
- accurate record keeping of article workflow using management systems;
- collaboration with other Publishing Assistants and journals teams to ensure the smooth running of the department.
We are looking for:
- previous administration experience is required;
- efficient and competent in the use of software packages associated with PCs;
- good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- good attention to detail;
- good communication skills in interacting with internal and external contacts are essential;
- ability to work well in a team;
- experience of a database tracking system is desirable.