- Closing date 17 Feb 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
We are a dedicated group of scientists, physicians, and businesspeople working together toward one goal: to discover and develop therapies that can unleash the power of the body’s immune system to treat and potentially cure cancer. We are passionate about the work we do every day at Agenus to deliver on the promise of immuno-oncology. If you’re looking for an inspired environment, passionate colleagues, and a culture that nurtures learning, innovation and team success, we invite you to join us.
Agenus is an immuno-oncology company delivering innovative treatments for patients with cancer. We have a unique portfolio of antibodies, vaccines, cell therapies (through our AgenTus Therapeutics subsidiary) and adjuvants designed to treat cancers with optimal combinations. We believe that a deep understanding of each patient’s cancer and our broad range of therapeutic approaches will be key drivers of success in substantially expanding the patient population benefiting from current immuno-oncology therapies.
In addition to our broad portfolio, we have an accomplished team of scientists, novel technology platforms and end-to-end capabilities from new target discovery to GMP manufacturing. Based in Cambridge, our UK labs provide platform innovation, antibody discovery and protein sciences and are focused on reducing discovery timelines to support the Agenus pipeline and deliver on our belief that patients deserve the best cancer treatments in the shortest possible time.
To support our increasing portfolio of projects and initiatives, the Program and Portfolio Management team is looking for an enthusiastic, highly organized and proactive project coordinator to join our Cambridge, UK site. In this varied and fast-paced role the successful candidate will directly impact the success of our exciting and very ambitious project portfolio.
Working closely with the Project Teams and specifically the Research and Development Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth delivery of project administration by coordinating projects as follows:
- Scheduling project meetings across site and teams
- Prepare all advance documentation including agenda items and updated actions
- Taking, distributing meeting minutes and following up on actions and decisions
- Preparing presentation materials
- Tracking all actions from project meetings
- Supporting the maintenance of project plans, project schedules as well as monitoring budget and project spend
- Help identify risks and potential delays in achieving project milestones and meeting deadlines
- Adhoc administrative support (i.e. internal purchasing process to ensure consistency across teams for cost management purposes)
- Responsible for own project tasks as required (e.g. planning project stages and reporting progress)
- Developing project dashboards for review by senior management
- Cross-site and team collaboration (functional)
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to understand how to connect teams, both cross-site and cross-functionally and role model those skills for others
- Someone who is flexible and adaptable in fast paced developing organisation where change is a constant
- The ability to proactively find relevant project information from others and feedback into the project team
- The ability to work to deadlines when managing multiple priorities
- Comfortable using various forms of communications technology (Zoom, Skype, Teleconference)
- Ability to focus on solutions rather than identifying problems
- An ability to be diplomatic when resolving challenges
- Exceptional verbal, written communication skills
Education & Qualification
- Previous working in a scientific field within a similar role or Scientific Bachelor’s/Master’s
- An aspiration of working toward a project management qualification