- Closing date 25 Feb 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Based: Cambridge Operations Team
Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) provides world class genetic research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions. We are a rapidly growing company with state-of-the-art facilities and over 100 employees based at our Cytocell® office in Cambridge and our head office in Oxford. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, we have a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
Reporting to Production Supervisor, you will undertake manufacturing tasks in a timely manner, complying with all established processes and procedures and in line with the Cytocell Quality Management System. Operations involves the production of over 400 catalogue products and increases to more than 1,000 when including bespoke products (c. £12m annual output)
Your tasks will be to:
- Work as part of a team of Production Scientists, carrying out manufacturing tasks such as PCR amplification and Nick Translation in line with guidelines and under close supervision.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of materials and reagents within the laboratory area generally and specifically for each campaign/manufacture task assigned to you
- Maintain a clean and organised working environment at all times
- Adhere to procedures documented in the Cytocell quality management system and ensure that any non-compliances are reported in a timely manner using approved procedures
- Assist with process development and materials management tasks as directed by your manager
- Report any safety related or other issues arising to the Production Supervisor/Production Manager, including the completion of relevant documentation
You will have:
- A good first degree, A-Levels or equivalent qualification in a biological related discipline
- Experience of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR and Nick Translation (desirable)
- Experience of working in a production or laboratory environment (desirable)
- Ability to work to deadlines and as part of a team in a sometimes highly pressurised environment
- Confidence to speak up and suggest process changes and improvements to deliver operating efficiency as well as to alert your manager to anything unusual
In addition, you will be comfortable undertaking manufacturing processes under close direction and supervision, adhering to established processes and working always within relevant quality and other regulations.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days holiday rising with service
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 25 February 2021.
No agencies please