- Closing date 30 Nov 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an ambitious Manager to join the Immunology team. You will be leading a team focused on cutting edge technology, working on cell and gene therapy projects. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, working as a role model within the Immunology team.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Provide high-level scientific expertise and vision for new and ongoing Immunology projects, contributing to all project phases from experimental design through to execution and reporting;
- Work as a pivotal part of the Immunology team, performing and conducting complex scientific wet lab research independently, as well as part of a wider project group;
- Manage a high-performing team of scientists working across a number of different projects;
- Lead and support new business initiatives, working alongside the business development and executive leadership team to achieve key program objectives.
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge in Immunology, typically with a PhD (or equivalent experience) with over 10 years of follow-on experience;
- Demonstrated scientific leadership, with a track record of successfully delivering projects on time and on budget either in an industrial or academic environment;
- A minimum of 5 years direct managerial experience, with demonstrated success in the formation and management of scientific teams and projects;
- Effective scientific and team leadership skills, including the development and mentorship of high performance scientific teams;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), influencing, and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues internally at all levels across different departments as well as externally;
- Team player, self-motivated, with positive thinking and “can-do” attitude.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive Pension
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Share Scheme
- Income Protection
- 25 Days Holiday
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]