- Closing date 31 Jul 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Design Engineering Group delivers mechanical design solutions to projects across the Medical Technology business. You will guide and participate in solving a range of fulfilling and complex technical problems at all stages of the development life cycle, participating in concept generation, mechanism design, proof-of-principle analysis, detailed design, transfer to manufacture, verification and client delivery.
You will work with a team of talented, multi-disciplinary employees on major development projects. You’ll be responsible for technical definition and delivery of systems and sub-systems to clients at a high standard. This will require coordination of a team working with you to facilitate this. You will have the opportunity to create exciting cutting-edge technology in areas such as diagnostics, drug delivery, surgical and acute care, and digital health.
· Undertake and direct the analysis, problem solving and detailed development of technical solutions and concepts
· Collaboration with other experts from a range of backgrounds and skill sets
· Guidance and management of technical teams to deliver the best service and output to our clients in line with tight timelines and budgets
· Architecture, definition and delivery of systems and sub-systems to meet requirements and expectations
· Work across multiple projects and teams whilst achieving fantastic results for our clients in line with time and budget requirements
· Present results, recommendations, proposals, technical details and concepts in a clear and professional manner
· Prepare and deliver technical documentation to high quality requirements
· An excellent degree in engineering, with a focus on mechanical or similar specialisms
· A deep understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles
· Ability to work with and guide teams of engineers from different disciplines to design and implement detailed engineering solutions
· Great written and verbal communication skills
· Hands on experience of 3D CAD tools, preferably SolidWorks and or ProEngineer / Creo
· Experience working in the medical devices industry or a closely-related field
· Understanding of manufacturing techniques
· Team leadership or project management experience
· Client-facing experience
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.