- Closing date 24 Oct 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Temporary
The Royal Society of Chemistry seeks a Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Analyst to join us on a temporary (12 months) full-time basis.
The RSC is an ambitious organisation and has a large portfolio of varied initiatives to help the chemical science community to make the world a better place, as outlined in our new strategy. With over 54,000 members and an international publishing and knowledge business, the RSC is the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists, supporting and representing our members and bringing together chemical scientists from all over the world. The RSC is a charity with an annual turnover of £65m and reserves of £100m.
This role of PMO Analyst will support the organisation to develop and manage the portfolio of initiatives aligned to the new strategy and a commitment to digital transformation. The post holder will work with managers, business partners and subject specialists across the organisation to develop and maintain a comprehensive view of organisational activity, performance and risk.
The post-holder will have experience of building strong relationships across an organisation in this highly-visible role. What else are we looking for:
- A sound understanding of Project, Programme and Portfolio Management
- Experience of interaction with Senior Management/Executive/top tier managers including producing presentations, reports and making recommendations to guide decision-making
- Ability to use a coaching approach to influence and enable change across the organisation
- Experience of leading or supporting key business management processes
- Experience of delivering performance reporting to a high standard, within agreed timescales
- Ability to prepare or evaluate business cases for new organisational initiatives
- Confidence to provide constructive challenge to senior stakeholders, to ensure that agreed standards and procedures are followed and to assert decision-making
- Ability to develop and manage project plans, risk registers and programme or project governance
- Ability to develop benefits management frameworks or applying benefits realisation plans
- Experience of establishing or maintaining performance measures for organisations or projects
- Experience of identifying organisational risks and managing or suggesting relevant mitigating actions
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including report writing skills and presentation skills
- Ability to take full ownership of the assigned duties, contributing effectively using initiative and judgement to achieve results
- Confident user of the MS Office suite, Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
This is a temporary full-time position, the contractual base for this role is Cambridge, however we are currently piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future. This role does require occasional visits to the RSC’s London office and external meetings.
At the RSC we offer an excellent benefits package, including a standard 35-hour week.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of our closing date.