- Closing date 23 Feb 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry has an opportunity for a Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Analyst to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. You will be based at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking and is close to the guided busway and Cambridge North railway) and will occasionally visit the RSC’s London office and attend external meetings.
As a Portfolio Management Office Analyst for the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), you will support our Head of Portfolio Management to develop and manage the portfolio of initiatives driven at a strategic level, and to support the development of our portfolio management capability. You will work with managers, business partners and subject specialists across the organisation to develop and maintain a comprehensive view of organisational activity, performance and risk.
With your experience of building strong relationships across an organisation, you will confidently represent our Finance team in this highly-visible role. You will be part of the team delivering portfolio governance and assurance; organisational performance management; portfolio demand-supply management; portfolio prioritisation and sequencing; benefits management; resource management; portfolio value for money; risk management and providing advice and support to project sponsors, managers and boards. You will suggest interventions on initiatives to ensure that strategic outcomes are optimised, reporting by exception to get approval to stop or change scope of inflight initiatives.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is an ambitious organisation and has a large portfolio of varied initiatives (and an evolving pipeline of new initiatives) to deliver impact for the chemistry community. To achieve maximum value for money from its portfolio and pipeline, the organisation has decided to adopt Portfolio Management as a professional discipline, building on existing business planning and performance management processes and to complement an organisational Change Management Programme.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- A sound understanding of Project, Programme and Portfolio Management.
- Experience of interaction with senior management/leadership including producing presentations, reports and making recommendations to guide decision-making.
- Able to use a coaching approach to influence and enable change across the organisation.
- Experience of leading or supporting key business management processes.
- Advanced written and verbal communication, including presentation skills and experience of reporting.
- Able to prepare or evaluate business cases for new organisational initiatives.
- Confidence to provide constructive challenge to senior stakeholders.
- Able to develop and manage portfolio risk registers and project or programme governance.
- Able to develop benefits management frameworks or applying benefits realisation plans.
- Experience of establishing or maintaining performance measures for organisations or projects.
- Experience of identifying organisational risks and managing or suggesting relevant mitigating actions.
- Able to take full ownership of the assigned duties, using initiative and judgement.
- Confident user of the MS Office suite, Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Experience of working in a Portfolio Management Office.
- PRINCE2 or MSP qualification or equivalent.
- Competence in interpreting financial information.
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers a great work environment and benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.