- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
About the Job:
The role involves working with engineers and scientist to help them develop software tools and platforms used to generate and manipulate data critical to our projects and products. You will be key in developing and supporting the IT infrastructure as we grow, and to get involved and take responsibility for specific IT projects across the business.
The role is based in our Cambridge office.
For this position, we are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive IT Support Engineer with a strong understanding of IT Infrastructure fundamentals and good practice.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- An IT Support mindset with experience delivering solutions to your colleagues quickly and effectively
- An ability to work with colleagues from other disciplines such as electronics, software, engineering and clinical research
- Experience with Exchange 2010 and onwards
- Experience with Windows server 2008 and onwards
- Familiarity with Windows 7 to 10 OS
- Experience of virtualisation technologies, specifically ESX and Veeam.
- Ability to troubleshoot VPN and remote connectivity issues.
- Able to assist in project work, as and when required
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
Experience in any of the following will be an advantage:
- An understanding of modern best practices in IT Support
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference, can figure out what the right problem to tackle next is and gets stuff done.