- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs. We need to add a Sales Development Representative to our team to help us achieve it.
About the job
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for discovering new prospects that may be interested in Owlstone Medical’s Instruments and Services. Using your scientific background you will reach out to new prospects to communicate the value of our technology, qualify and identify new sales opportunities. You will communicate relevant sales opportunities to the sales team via Salesforce.com, clearly stating the customers’ needs.
The role is office-based at Owlstone Medical’s headquarters in Cambridge, UK.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching new prospects via account mapping and lead generation activities
- Building and maintaining interest-based custom audiences
- Providing input for marketing campaigns targeted towards interest-based audiences, including e-mail and digital channels
- Research customers’ interests, and reach out to them via e-mail, social media or phone to communicate content relevant for the customer in a professional, engaging way
- Qualify customers’ interest by asking the right questions to understand their needs, budget, authority and timeline
- Ensure customer communication is recorded accurately in Salesforce.com
- Communicate new sales opportunities to the sales team via Salesforce.com
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- Understanding of the sales process including lead generation and qualification
- High self-motivation with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Focus on accuracy with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well with other members of the Sales & Marketing team towards a shared goal
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers at all levels of their organization
- Well organized, able to work flexibly and prioritize multiple tasks in a rapidly evolving cross-functional environment
Any of the following would be advantageous:
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience of Salesforce.com or LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Proficient use of Excel
- Experience of marketing automation tools e.g. Marketo
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease detection. Every time you breathe out there are hundreds of chemicals on your breath – some are tell-tale markers of disease, which our microchip chemical sensor technology can detect.
They key is detecting diseases earlier, when treatments are more effective, where more lives can be saved. There is no better example than cancer, where if detected early the chances of survival can be as good at 95% but at late stage it drops to about 5% – unfortunately there are still far too many people detected at late stage.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defence.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a great team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes future share options and your work will have a clear impact on patients’ lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone is the place for you.