- Closing date 8 Nov 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) provides world class genetic research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions. We are a rapidly growing company with state-of-the-art facilities and over 100 employees based at our Cytocell® office in Cambridge and our head office in Oxford. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, we have a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
An opportunity has arisen in our Operations Team, which is responsible for manufacturing, packing, shipping, health & safety and facilities management coordination. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will work as part of the team carrying out a variety of tasks in the Production process, in particular final product assembly, despatch and warehouse duties.
Your duties will include:
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels of materials and reagents within the kit assembly area
- Raising Material Transfer Form requests to replace stock as necessary
- Assisting with Materials Management tasks as directed, including the selection and picking of warehouse items using the iPassport system
- Assisting, when required, with keying orders into the SAGE accounting system
- Assisting with final despatch packing
- Executing and documenting tasks using approved ISO compliant documentation
- Adhering to procedures documented in the Cytocell quality system and ensuring that any non-compliances are reported in a timely manner using approved procedures
- Maintaining a clean and organised working environment at all times
- Ensuring safety related issues are reported, including completing relevant documentation
You will have:
- A scientific qualification, at least A Level standard or equivalent
- Experience within a production environment
- Good PC literacy
- The ability to work to deadlines within exacting processes in line with guidelines and under close supervision both as part of a team and independently and in a sometimes highly pressured environment.
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Generous Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 24 days holiday a year rising with service
- Attractive High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 8th November 2020.
No agencies please