- Closing date 5 Jul 2018
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Owlstone Medical has developed a breathalyzer for disease for the early detection of cancer, inflammatory and infectious disease. Our mission is to save 100,000 lives and $1.5B in healthcare costs.
Owlstone is looking for a New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer, focusing on our medical projects, to join its NPI team based in Cambridge, UK.
As NPI Engineer you will be an integral part of the NPI Team ensuring products are developed and manufactured to the appropriate standards. You will have cross-functional skills allowing you to define and implement continuous improvement in all areas of new product introduction. You will ensure that the highest level of quality and process effectiveness is built into the manufacturing process. The role will interface with the R& D and Production groups to ensure successful development and introduction of new products.
Reporting to the NPI Manager the NPI Engineer will be responsible for manufacturing engineering aspects of the Owlstone product range, with a focus on driving the R&D to manufacturing technology transfer process. They will ensure all aspects are sufficiently defined to facilitate successful release while achieving project deadlines with respect to our medical device products
New Product Introduction
· Responsible for the transfer of new products and processes from R&D to manufacturing
· Provide manufacturing experience and knowledge in early design stages
· Identify and resolve issues related to small scale manufacturing
· Developing manufacturing assembly and test processes
· Identifying areas for improvement within current processes and procedures
· Implementation of design improvements
· Evolvement of testing protocols for Owlstone product range
· Work with the supply chain to improve quality and advance assembly methods
· Track system status and improve traceability, repeatability and quality
· Provide support to Manufacturing team to meet customer orders and project deliverables
· Responsible for introduction of changes within the Owlstone products
· Design and support of tooling requirements for products
· Provide Engineering reports on technical projects
· Writing of relevant documentation in line with Owlstone Quality Systems (work instructions, test and manufacturing process, Bills of materials etc)
· Identifying modifications and improvements to current manufacturing documentation
· Providing correct level of training and documentation for Manufacturing Technicians
· Defining and editing Service and Support documentation
Career experience, Skills
The individual should be able to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving and keen attention to detail. The successful candidate will have/be:
· Preferably degree qualified in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
· Previous experience in a development/small scale manufacturing environment, ideally with medical devices.
· Hands-on, flexible, capable of solving a range of technical problems (electronic, mech, pneumatic)
· Able to complete tasks on time using appropriate planning tools and with a minimum of supervision
· Experienced in NPI procedures and the transition of new products/processes from early stage development to manufacturing
Owlstone offers a great working environment and very competitive remuneration package. We have a strong ethic of investing in people.
To apply, or request further information, please send your CV by email to [email protected]