- Closing date 22 Sep 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Temporary
The Royal Society of Chemistry has an opportunity for an experienced administrator to join us on a full-time temporary basis to cover maternity leave (35-hour week). You will be based at our Cambridge Science Park office, with free onsite parking and close to the guided bus and Cambridge North train station.
As Membership Coordinator for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will support our Membership Team who provide ‘front line service’ for customer enquiries and are responsible primarily for administration of the membership register through the efficient processing of admissions, exits and renewals.
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is the world’s leading chemistry community, connecting the world of science to advance chemical knowledge for a better future. We publish new research. We develop, recognise and celebrate professional capabilities. We bring people together to spark new ideas and new partnerships. We support teachers to inspire future generations of scientists. And we speak up to influence the people making decisions that affect us all.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Administration of members’ records ensuring that the details are updated and maintained.
- Accurate and timely processing of applications for Royal Society of Chemistry membership, following defined guidelines and processes.
- Processing members’ subscriptions and journal orders including the process of payments.
- Providing advice and guidance on regulations for applications and subscriptions by telephone, email and standard letter.
- Developing and maintaining a broad understanding of the administration procedures relevant to the updating of member records, admission to a category of membership, processing of subscription details. Such day-to-day activities require the ability to follow defined operations to a consistently high standard.
We Are Looking For
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrable experience in customer care.
- Good communication skills.
- Competent in the use of database, word-processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and prioritise work.
- Be aware of and adhere to data protection at all times.
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers a great work environment and excellent benefits.
You can down load a copy of the job description here