- Closing date 14 Aug 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Temporary
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) seeks a Membership Applications Specialist to join us on a full-time (35-hour week) temporary basis to cover maternity leave. This role is based at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking, and close to the guided busway and Cambridge North train station), with regular UK and occasional international travel.
The RSC has a membership of over 50,000 individuals worldwide, within 4 membership categories. As the RSC's Membership Applications Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring the correct assessment and process of applications to each category of membership and the award of Chartered designations.
Our Membership Applications Specialist has one direct report (one of our Membership Coordinators), and is responsible for ensuring that professional standards are upheld through the regulations and requirements for admission as a member or the award of Chartered designations. You will also ensure the engagement of newly admitted members through the membership journey and provide personalized support for all Fellows and input into recruitment and retention activities.
Our Membership Applications Specialist also supports the Admission Committee and where necessary, the External Registers Committee, and provides direction and support to the Membership Operations team. You will work collaboratively across the Membership teams, and will also provide support and advice to colleagues across the organisation.
We are looking for:
- Able to comprehensively understand the importance of the RSC’s membership and our role as a professional body.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the complexity of professional bodies and the benefit of membership to such bodies.
- A degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven team working ability.
- Tact and diplomacy, along with strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and able to meet tight deadlines and understand the importance of prioritising work.
- Experience in a customer focused environment.
- Able to develop and implement new approaches and initiatives to ensure success.
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers a great work environment and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of the closing date.
Download the full job description here.