- Closing date 20 Jan 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Membership Account Manager (MAM) is responsible for ensuring that CW maintains a thriving and valuable relationship with each of its members.
You will build long-term relationships with key contacts and team leads, ensuring that communication is regular and constructive throughout the length of their relationship with CW. You will be responsible for retaining members by understanding their needs, directing them to relevant activities and delivering value added services. You will be a member champion internally, highlighting their requirements with colleagues and creating opportunities. You will report into the Chief Commercial Officer and provide additional support in finding and identifying new business; you may also be assigned prospects, given accounts, or a combination thereof. You will have the opportunity to get involved in strategic planning, sales and support activities.
CW is a leading membership organisation for companies involved in the research, development and application of wireless and mobile, internet, semiconductor and software technologies. It is an exciting time for the company: over the past two years we have diversified our offering, adding innovation programmes with major multinationals, international partnerships, training days and sustainability-themed activities to our portfolio. We’ve also just become a certified CPD accreditation provider!
Amidst all this, maintaining membership satisfaction remains our number one priority. We have about 400 members, ranging from local start-ups to national operators and international software giants. Understanding the individual requirements of each of our members, directing them to relevant activities and, where appropriate, delivering bespoke support to help them achieve their goals is critical to the ongoing success of the business. All employees of member companies can access CW member benefits, and effort is needed to increase the number of teams per company accessing CW’s services. There is also a commercial aspect to the role in identifying new sales opportunities (with both existing and new customers) that can be followed up on by the business development team.
We work in the Bradfield Centre, a vibrant co-working space in the centre of the Cambridge Science Park. The team is small, friendly and incredibly productive. Each team member makes a visible impact on the company’s performance and is fully supported by colleagues and management. Your ideas will be heard.
Account Manager Job Duties
- Manage the relationships with specific CW members
- Ensure that CW services and benefits are communicated to the Members
- Identify opportunities to create additional value for membership engagement
- Work closely with the CCO, Head of Business Development and the Marketing team
- Network with CW members at events
- Generate sales among client accounts, including up and cross-selling
- Operate as the point of contact for assigned members
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with accounts
- Make sure clients receive requested products and services in a timely fashion
- Communicate client needs and demands to the CCO
- Forecast and track client account metrics
- Manage projects within client relationships, working to carry out client goals while meeting company goals
- Identify opportunities to grow business with existing clients
- Coordinate with staff members working on the same account to ensure consistent service
- Collaborate with the CCO to reach prospective clients
- Service multiple clients concurrently, often meeting deadlines
- Keep records of client transactions
Base salary of £30K with a bonus payable against set KPIs