- Closing date 18 Sep 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
We currently have an opportunity for a Member Networks Specialist to support and develop the Royal Society of Chemistry’s networks in line with our strategy, manage the relationship with members involved with these networks and ensure that the networks add value to our membership.
This is a full-time (35-hour week) role based at our Cambridge office, and you will also attend regular meetings in our London office, and frequently travel across the UK to visit networks and attend events, with some overnight stays required. We could accommodate slightly earlier or later start/finish times and some working from home, subject to business needs.
We are a not-for-profit organisation with a thriving international community of over 50,000 members in 125 countries, an internationally-renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK, with a reputation as an influential champion for the chemical sciences.
Our global community spans hundreds of thousands of scientists, librarians, teachers, students, pupils and people who love chemistry. We connect our community by holding scientific conferences, symposia, workshops and webinars and we partner globally for the benefit of the chemical sciences.
The main purpose of this role is to support and develop the Royal Society of Chemistry’s networks in line with our strategy, manage the relationship with members involved with these networks and ensure that the networks add value to our membership.
As Member Networks Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a central point of contact and overseeing the administration of RSC networks.
- Reviewing network activities and examining the potential for establishing new networks.
- Identifying, acquiring and reviewing services for member segments served by networks.
- Supporting regional steering groups, committees and working parties as required.
- Managing and developing a programme of meetings for members.
- Facilitating greater interaction between all member networks.
- Attending meetings of all networks on a rolling basis.
- Developing support material for the networks.
- Carrying out ad-hoc projects.
We are looking for:
- Technical/specialist knowledge in customer care to support the networks, provide services to and retention of members and add value to our membership in line with our strategy and departmental objectives.
- Ability to develop a detailed knowledge of our strategy and the role that Member Services plays in its implementation and to apply this knowledge to support the networks.
- Excellent proven experience in a customer-focussed environment.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of the networks and the breadth and depth of science represented through these networks and their activities.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and is able to network effectively.
In return, the Royal Society of Chemistry will support your development and reward your contribution with excellent benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
For a full job description, please click here.