- Closing date 18 Sep 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Contract
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Science and Communities team as a Member Engagement Executive on temporary (maternity cover) for 12 month (35-hour week) basis. You will be based at our Science Park Cambridge office with occasional UK travel.
We are a not-for-profit organisation with a thriving international community of over 50,000 members in 125 countries, an internationally-renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK, with a reputation as an influential champion for the chemical sciences.
As our Member Engagement Executive you play a key role in building and maintaining relationships within our member communities. You will be developing and delivering support for our members who are seeking to deepen their engagement through a range of channels including face-to-face events, and through online platforms. This includes individuals interested in volunteering for the first time through to those that are actively engaged with and delivering outreach.
We are looking for:
- A degree in chemical science or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially communication and networking/relationship building
- Demonstrates experience in a customer focused environment
- Demonstrates understanding of what a professional body is and why membership to such is desirable
- Demonstrates understanding of our membership communities, and their requirements
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience of working in a membership or volunteer management/support team, and knowledge of best practice and trends in this sector, are highly desirable
- Proactive team player with demonstrable enthusiasm for working in a customer-focused environment
The Royal Society of Chemistry supports development and offers excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by the closing date.
Download the full job description here.