- Closing date 31 Jul 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Mechatronics and Systems group is part of the Mechanical Engineering department within Global Medical Technology. Our team consists of engineers from a mechanical, mechatronics or systems engineering background, who are excited by the development of unique electromechanical systems to enable advances in the world of medical diagnosis and treatment.
As a member of the Mechatronics and Systems group you will contribute to a wide variety of projects across the spectrum of the medical technology industry, from high-precision diagnostic instruments, to novel electromechanical surgical tools, to life-changing drug delivery devices. All of our projects are uniquely challenging, and we highly value versatile, team-oriented individuals with a ‘can do’ approach who are comfortable operating in unfamiliar territory.
Depending on experience your responsibility will range from leading substantial tasks within large projects, through to coordinating large multidisciplinary technical teams, with full responsibility for project delivery.
- Develop cutting-edge medical technologies in collaboration with other experts from a range of backgrounds and skillsets, from requirements definition through to industrialisation
- Apply your technical skills to identify, design and build solutions to a diverse range of engineering problems
- Manage project tasks and, with experience, technical teams to deliver impactful results to our customers on time and on budget
- Regularly communicate with technical and non-technical project stakeholders (internal and external) in a clear and professional manner
- Collaborate with manufacturers and specialist suppliers
- Support business development activities through sales meetings, contributing to project proposals and project planning, and contribution to marketing initiatives.
- An excellent degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or similar (Equivalent to 2:1 or above)
- User of engineering design & analysis tools (3D CAD essential, FEA & other analysis tools desirable)
- Experienced in electromechanical product development as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of technical task or project management
- Experience of technical team leadership
- Experience in the development of medical technologies
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.