- Closing date 12 Dec 2018
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Do you have the creative flair and strategic ability to help Royal Society of Chemistry products reach and inspire a worldwide scientific community?
As marketing executive, you will join the a busy and forward-thinking team of 8 who use their expertise to plan, manage and evaluate campaigns that attract attention, inspire involvement and create the desire to take action. Your role will be to help strengthen the position of products including journals, databases and third party advertising, and to work closely with our international sales team to build new, sustainable sources of charitable income.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, working to shape the future of the chemical sciences and responsible for an international community of scientists. We have a global reputation that stretches back 176 years. Our marketing is a crucial part of securing our reputation for the future, and of our ability to provide the support that this community needs as they tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our planet.
If you are brimming with knowledge about audience groups and using the right channels to make the biggest impact, and if you are passionate about using that knowledge to help secure the future of the chemical sciences – come and talk to us.
We would love you on our team if you have:
- Educated to Degree level in related subject.
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to plan, deliver and evaluate for impact and service improvement marketing plans, working to budget and time deadlines.
- Knowledge of marketing promotion methods, practices and techniques, able to leverage a broad mix of marketing activities to generate demand for revenue increase, including integrated campaigns, public relations, content and digital marketing.
- Ability to create marketing collateral and product value to enable business revenue and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrable evidence of a strong ability to deliver marketing activities that generate new leads and build relationships with existing external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and deliver key tasks in a timely manner, as well as the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing demands in a fast moving and complex business environment.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and on your own initiative as well as being a strong team player.
- Knowledge of scientific communications is desirable to set a context for planning and delivering marketing objectives based on an understanding of customer needs and competitor activities.
- The ability to solve problems, challenges and obstacles.
- Ideally experienced using a workflow project management system (e.g. Workfront) as part of project delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
As well as a friendly and supportive working environment, the Royal Society of Chemistry also offers an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Here is the full job description.